Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Once You Go BLACK ..........

The hydrilla and milfoil here on Lake Guntersville can get really heavy, making it hard to rip a Rat-L-Trap loose with a normal trap rod. Therefore, I just finished building myself a new "Grass Rat-L-Trap" rod. Since this rod is going to get a work-out, I decided to take a minimalist approach.

- St Croix Avid 3C70HM crankbait blank
- Swampland Tackle black EVA split grip with no foregrip
- Shortened Fuji ECSM reel seat
- Black Fuji Alconite guides spiral wrapped
- Plain black thread wraps - no trim
- Shimano Citica 100DSV spooled with 50# Power Pro braid (to be added soon)

Here are some pictures. I haven't put on the thread finish yet, but hope to do that later today.

Lord willing, I'll get to try it out soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment