Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Man Cave - Before

I'm having a new man cave/boat barn built. The contractor who will do the clearing, filling, and concrete work is supposed to come later today, so I thought I would post a few "Before" pictures.

This is the view from the street along the south side of the property showing where I've had to park the boat since we moved here. Not very secure.


Here's the same view without the boat. The circle driveway will start at the back of the left lane of the driveway and continue all the way around the back of the house.


Same view taken from the rear corner of house. It looks like a nice, clear, relatively flat expanse of yard, but looks can be deceiving. Directly ahead, taking up almost ALL of the flat area, is the septic tank and laterals. :-(


Which leaves only "The Jungle" to locate the Man Cave. "The Jungle" is a low, wooded and brush-filled area along the north edge of our property. It will require a lot of clearing and filling, but it's really the only possible location for the Man Cave.



These three pictures show the north edge of the property. The house next door has been vacant for over a year and the owner hasn't kept it up. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it disappeared, but that's another story.

This is from across the street and looking directly into the area where the man cave will be built. This will be the location of the other end of the circle driveway.


Looking down the north property line from the street


Same view taken from the side of the house by the humongous maple tree. The 16x30 concrete apron will start approximately at the bottom of this picture and extend back to the building slab itself, which will be 25' or so behind the back of the house. This is necessary because our lot is deep and narrow. The apron will give me a nice shady spot to park the boat if I need to work on something on a nice day or if I just need some extra space in the Man Cave.


BTW - here's a picture of my "fleet of vehicles". L-R: my GMC Yukon XL Denali, John Deere 330 diesel garden tractor, Hustler Fastrak ZTR mower, and my trusty TR-20.


No comments:

Post a Comment