Monday, September 26, 2011

Man Cave - Interior

I've finally gotten much of the inside of the Man Cave set up. Here's a look taken from the man door. You can see my mower in the rear. If I move it closer to the the side door, the John Deere will fit right behind it and I'll still have room to get around the back of the boat.

Here's the left side looking in from the main overhead door. I love the metal baker's racks. They have casters so they can be moved around and each of the six shelves will hold 500#. I have two already assembled and in use with two more still in the boxes to be added later. We get them at Sam's Club.



This is my workbench area. The big workbench is 2' x 8'. It's heavy and solid (mostly 2x4 construction) and  is long enough to build rods on. The smaller one is 2' x 4', lightweight and easily movable. The shelf above the main workbench holds my radio - gotta have my tunes - and miscellaneous small items. Above the shelf you see some of my collection of license plates I've had over the years. The windows are 3' x 4' and I've added mini-blinds to keep prying eyes at bay. I've been using the heck out of the new sliding compound miter saw. It sure cuts big jobs down to size in a hurry.


Last but not least is the main reason for the Man Cave - the boat. Another of the baker's racks is behind the boat holding scrap wood and the boat cover. The red cord reel above the rear of the boat is strictly for the onboard charger. Note the lawn chairs - just the place to relax with a cold drink and some good conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment